What might be possible if a community of individuals were fully engaged and using their strengths to collectively achieve shared visions?
Virtual AIFT Program Overview
The Virtual Appreciative Inquiry Facilitator Training (vAIFT) © is an online certification program that engages participants to learn about the foundations and principles of Appreciative Inquiry as well as provide the skills necessary to facilitate appreciative inquiry sessions in all human systems (large or small). This course teaches the basics of Appreciative Inquiry (e.g. principles, 5-Ds, supporting theory and research, etc.) but delves deeper by providing experiential exercises that teach participants how to define the topic of inquiry, practice positive framing, work with core teams, design and field test an interview protocol, and more…
This Appreciative Inquiry foundations course includes mini-lectures, and experiential learning (individual, pairs, trios, small group, and large group) as well as auditory and visual materials to enhance the learning experience.
Training is Designed for:
Leaders in businesses and corporations, community development, educational organizations, governmental organizations, and nonprofit organizations–in short, anyone who wants to learn how to facilitate Appreciative Inquiry.
Training Schedule and Hours
The virtual Appreciative Inquiry Facilitator Training (vAIFT) is designed to be a blended learning experience. This means portions of the course will be delivered synchronously (in real-time through services like Zoom) and asynchronously (you read and participate in activities and exercises at a time/pace/place that works best for you to be ready for the synchronous session). The combination of synchronous and asynchronous work will equate to 26 training hours (same as our face-to-face AIFT program). Participants will need to complete the program in its entirety to be eligible to earn their AI Facilitator Certification, this includes participating in all synchronous sessions.
Please note: the synchronous portions of the vAIFT are highly experiential and will not be recorded. The vAIFT Trainers will be utilizing breakout rooms to develop community and trust amongst participants, conduct paired interviews, and engage in small group discussions and reflections.
To ensure that all participants are off to a strong start, your vAIFT trainers will host a live orientation session on Monday, July 12th at 10:00am GMT. Orientation allows you to connect with your trainers, engage with participants, become familiar with LearnDash (our online learning platform), and ask questions about pre-workshop reading and activities prior to your first vAIFT session in Zoom on July 15, 2021.
VAIFT Training Dates/Times
The SYNCHRONOUS portion (‘real time’ learning with your vAIFT trainers):
The virtual AIFT program is an intensive, accelerated program spanning over the course of 4-days. Below are the hours for live interaction and collaboration with your vAIFT trainers and cohorts:
|DAY 1||DAY 2||DAY 3||DAY 4|
July 15, 2021
July 16, 2021
July 19, 2021
July 20, 2021
* Please note: all times listed above are Greenwich Mean Time (GMT).
The ASYNCHRONOUS portion of your training begins:
- Monday, July 12, 2021 with the orientation session and runs throughout the 4 days of synchronous learning. You will receive login information to the Center for Appreciative Inquiry’s (CAI) online learning platform closer to the vAIFT start date.
The virtual Appreciative Inquiry Facilitator Training (vAIFT) is divided into 4 ‘segments’. Each segment consists of modules containing exercises, readings, and discussions.
Segment I – Experiencing Appreciative Inquiry
Learn basic processes and experience AI by participating in a facilitated Appreciative Inquiry led by the Appreciative Inquiry Facilitator Training Trainers
Segment II – Understanding The Power of Appreciative Inquiry
Actively learn about the concepts, principles, theories and research.
Segment III – Planning and Designing an Appreciative Inquiry Session
Plan and practice how you will begin helping your organization, group, or community build upon their strengths.
Segment IV – Practicing Appreciative Inquiry Applications
- Practice exercises you can take home to use Appreciative Inquiry in your personal and professional life.
- Practice choosing the best language, words for facilitating Appreciative Inquiry within a particular culture.
- Begin developing your plan to become a certified Appreciative Inquiry Facilitator by completing a Practicum/Supervised Experience.
We will start our synchronous sessions on time and work diligently to maintain the vAIFT schedule, honoring our commitment to the learning experience. We have found full participation to be the most productive for the participants and the trainers.
Key Learning Outcomes
As a fully engaged participant in the Virtual Appreciative Inquiry Facilitator Training (vAIFT©), you will leave the workshop better able to:
- Create/enhance your personal way of being and doing in order to use an appreciative approach; focus on what’s right in your world, so that you can deeply inquire into what’s right and why, and then find ways of intentionally creating more of what’s right in your world.
- Facilitate individuals, groups, organizations, and communities to create collective ways of being and doing using an appreciative approach; that will help them focus on what’s right so that they can deeply inquire into what’s right and why, and then find ways of intentionally working with them to both create more of what’s right and envision innovation and new ways of being and doing.
July 15 – 20, 2021
10am – 4pm GMT (Europe) / 12 – 6pm SAST (South Africa)
More info and to register: https://spaciousness.works/VAIFT/July2021