NOVEMBER 2019, SOUTH AFRICA
Two GDIB Expert Panellists, Nene Molefi (Mandate Molefi) and Tanya Cruz Teller (Spaciousness Works), both from Johannesburg, South Africa, attended alongside Alan Richter, co-author of the GDIB, were the international guest facilitator, invited by Executive Director Nazeema Mohamed
(Inyathelo – the South African Institute for Advancement). A nonprofit trust established to promote a vibrant democracy in South Africa with a robust and sustainable civil society rooted in the African cultural heritage of sharing hosted two one-day workshops for DEI practitioners – one in Johannesburg and one in Cape Town. The workshop theme was: Come Think With Us — A Dialogue On The Future Of Diversity, Inclusion, Ethics, And Integrity In South Africa And The World.
The purpose of these workshops was to:
- Reflect on current diversity, inclusion, and ethics policy and regulatory frameworks in South Africa and globally.
- Identify future trends – what’s emerging in the areas of diversity, inclusion, ethics, and integrity.
- Discuss tools used to measure change and progress in the field.
- Evaluate the progress we have made in South Africa and identify challenges and barriers to change.
- Establish what we can do collectively to impact the field.
- Draft guidelines/terms of reference for a cooperative and collaborative community of practice in the field.